We positively influence the experience of people and community through the design of space.
Established in 2003, Studio Hive’s focus is on the design of interior environments in a variety of venues including workplace, academic, government, housing, hospitality, and sports and entertainment. Our design approach is inherently collaborative and strives to draw a connection between design solutions, human behavior and business outcomes.
We view design success through multiple lenses including a perspective on innovation, aesthetics, conformance to budget and schedule, and overall alignment with client objectives. Our size allows us the ability to be both nimble and responsive, and our collective talent allows us to stand-out.
The Roots of Our Practice
Creativity – One of a Kind
Creativity grounds our design process and practice philosophies. It is this creative component that spawns ideas and inspires our methods for inventing solutions. Our expression of creativity is unique to each project and to each client and responds to all criteria, opportunities, and challenges.
Perspective – The Big Picture
Our evaluation of success is through our client’s eyes. Quality design is a balanced integration of practicality, performance, and visual message. In the macro view our clients are looking for a return on their investment in business, in time, in space, in people and in us. Understanding the significant connection between the experience in an environment and business performance, we align our design solutions with our clients’ business objectives. We design for people, for place, and for outcome.
Knowledge – Borderless
Advancements in technology, science, medical research, communication, melding cultures, and an increasingly global economy have impacted all human beings as well as the surroundings we occupy. What started as a passion to broadly gather as much information as possible about the impacts of this change to living and working environments, has turned into a central component of our business mission. We’ve made a commitment to absorb as much knowledge as we can from an array of sources and experiences. Our thought process and decision making is informed by research, continuing education, benchmarking, and client post-occupancy evaluations. In addition, we draw upon experts outside of our industry to complement our own knowledge and as needed, serve as resources and consultants to our team.
Services Provided by Studio Hive
- Full-Scope Design, Documentation and Construction Administration Services
- Strategic Programming
- Defining and Implementing Corporate Standards
- Space Planning, Facilities Planning
- Site/Facilities Evaluation
- Furniture Evaluation, Design and Specification
- Product/Millwork Design
- Post occupancy evaluations
- Sustainable Design/LEED
- Change Management/Employee Engagement
- Ethnographic research and observation
- Ongoing facilities support
Targeted Business Certification
- Certified Women-owned Business Enterprise (WBE), Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Certified, Minnesota United Certification Program
- Certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE), Central Certification Program (CERT)
- Certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise(WBE), Minnesota Small Business Procurement Program, State of Minnesota - Materials Management Division